Raw Pad Thai with Almond Chilli Sauce
Almond Chilli Sauce:
• 1 tbsp Thai red chillies, finely chopped (or organic chilli flakes)
• 3 cloves garlic
• 1 shallot
• 2 tbsp organic tamari
• ½ cup full fat organic coconut milk
• 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
• 2 tbsp raw almond butter
• 1 tbsp raw honey or coconut sugar, to taste
• 1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes
• 1 tbsp almonds, soaked for at least 8 hours
• 1 drop of lemongrass essential oil (I love Young Living oils)
• 2 courgettes, spiralised
• 1 carrot or sweet potato, spiralised (I find sweet potatoes easier to spiralise)
• 1 cucumber, spiralised
• 2 spring onions, sliced on a slant
• 1 shallot, thinly sliced
• 1 head of crispy lettuce, finely chopped
• 1 red pepper, finely sliced
• 1 yellow pepper, finely sliced
• ½ cup soaked almonds, roughly chopped to garnish
• bunch of basil, mint and coriander, chopped to garnish
1. Make sure you have activated your nuts by soaking them the night before making the recipe. To make the spicy almond sauce: blend all sauce ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender.
2. For the Salad: Place all prepared vegetables in a bowl and cover with a lime juice marinade. Massage the vegetables with marinade.
3. Top with Almond Chilli Sauce. Sprinkle with chopped almonds, basil, mint and coriander.
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!