The flavours of Thailand come to life in this sumptuous and sunny raw cake. Luscious mango and creamy coconut come together in a magical explosion of textures and flavours in the quintessentially Thai dessert of Mango Sticky Rice. These two tropical ingredients are simply a match made in heaven, such a refreshing and tropical mélange that I felt compelled to create a delicious raw cake inspired by the Thai classic. And so I did, and this divine cake was born just in time for my enTHAIrely Raw Master Class, where I first demo-ed this cake to a lovely group of ladies and gentleman (see the photos below).
A delicious date and desiccated coconut base is topped with a creamy mango and cashew cream! Hope you enjoy this Thai-inspired raw recreation, it is just heavenly!
Raw Mango Cheesecake
Prep Time: 15 mins Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
For the base:
For the filling:
1. Place coconut milk tin in the fridge the night before you plan to make it. Soak the cashews in fresh filtered water the night before.
2. In a food processor blend the dates, desiccated coconut and salt, until you get a ‘dough’ or until the mixture forms a ball (if it’s too dry, add 1-2 teaspoons coconut oil to the dough). Place it in the freezer to harden whilst you make the creamy mango filling.
3. Drain soaked cashews and place cashews with all the other filling ingredients in a food processor to blend until smooth. Pour the mango filling over the base. Smooth out with a spatula.
4. Set in the freezer for at least 3 hours (it should be firm enough to slice up).
5. This cake can be kept in the freezer for several days.
6. Once you are ready to serve, place all the garnish ingredients on top.
Photography by Olivia Basheer
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly