Homemade Sriracha Sauce
- 500g fresh red chillies, roughly chopped (you can remove seeds if you want a milder sauce)
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp Paleo-friendly fish sauce (Red Boat!)
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
1. Place all ingredients into a food processor or high speed blender and blend until smooth.
2. Pour the puree into a pan and bring to the boil over high heat.
3. Once it starts bubbling, reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Taste and adjust for seasoning if necessary.
5. Transfer your bright red sriracha to sterilised glass jars and allow to cool. You can keep it in the fridge for up to two weeks.
PRO TIP: You can also freeze some sriracha in silicone ice cube trays and they will last for months. And you can just pop out a cube at a time when in need of the best sauce in the world.