The spice mix to liven up everything from roasted vegetables, roasted meats to a mere piece of toast, this succulent moreish spice mix is just divine and once you've tried it you won't be able to live without it! Best part is it's so easy to make at home. You can make a big batch and store it for a few days in an airtight container but it's best to make it fresh every time.
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme (dried also works)
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano (dried also works)
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 teaspoons ground sumac
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
1. Toast the sesame seeds until golden and fragrant.
2. Place all ingredients in a spice grinder or small bowl of your food processor and pulse until well combined. Do not over-process or else the sesame seeds start to release their oils and create a tahini (you don't want that).