Vietnamese Summer Rolls
- 16 round rice paper rolls (I found some great organic brown rice paper rolls)
- 8 leaves lettuce, washed, dried and torn or chopped
- 2 cups cooked mung bean vermicelli, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups peeled carrots, cut into sticks
- 2 avocadoes, cut into
- 2 cucumbers,
- 20g (½ cup) fresh mint leaves
- 20g (½ cup) fresh Thai basil leaves
- 20g (½ cup) fresh coriander leaves
Nuoc Cham Dipping Sauce:
- 2.5 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 or 2 Thai chilis, thinly sliced
- Dip a sheet of rice paper a third of the way into a bowl of hot water for about 2 seconds. Turn it and dip remaining section, then lay on a damp towel.
- Working on bottom third of rice paper, spread a bit of lettuce, noodles, carrots, herbs and pork and/or shrimp. Fold up bottom edge to cover, then fold in the sides. Roll tightly. Continue with remaining ingredients.
- Combine all sauce ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding fish sauce if necessary.
- Serve rolls right away, or refrigerate, lightly covered, up to 2 hours. Cut each roll into 2 or 3 pieces, then serve with dipping sauce.