- 1 long cucumber
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon black vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of ginger, minced
- To garnish:
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- handful of fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- Pinch of ground Sichuan peppercorn
1. Slice off the two ends of the cucumber. Then cut the cucumber into thin slices with a good knife or a mandolin.
2. Pour tamari, black vinegar, sesame oil, garlic and ginger in the bowl with the cucumber slices. Mix thoroughly and leave to marinate.
3. Adjust seasoning with salt (or tamari) and vinegar to taste. Ideally leave to marinate for a few hours for maximum depth of flavour, but it will still taste divine immediately.