1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees/Gas Mark 4.
2. Blend all ingredients (except pecans and butter) in a food processor until it forms a smooth batter.
3. Melt butter in a small saucepan, allow to cool. Slowly pour in the slightly cooled melted butter whilst processor is on to slowly incorporate the butter into the batter evenly.
4. Grease square or rectangular cake tin or ceramic dish with butter. Pour in the batter and sprinkle with pecan pieces.
5. Place in the oven for 40 minutes or until the top is cracked and the cake feels firm.
6. Allow to cool before cutting into squares and devouring with enthusiasm!