Grilled Aubergines with Cumin Yoghurt & Pomegranates
Serves 2 as a main and 4 as a side
2 aubergines (1 aubergine per person as a main), sliced in rounds
2 tbsp of homemade za'atar
1 tablespoon of olive oil per aubergine
pinch of sea salt
crack of black pepper
sprinkling of chilli flakes
1 cup of organic full-fat greek yoghurt or plain yoghurt
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon of cumin
handful of fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
half pomegranate, seeds
1 tin of organic chickpeas
1. Place aubergine slices in a pan with hot olive oil salt and pepper and cook them on both sides until they are start to go soft. This may take a good 15 minutes.
2. Place cooked aubergine slices on parchment paper on a baking tray and place under the grill on high heat for about 5-10 minutes until the edges get crispy.
3. Whilst aubergines are grilling, mix the yoghurt, salt and cumin together.
4. Remove aubergines and place on a plate or on a bed of quinoa (my preferred way of serving this) and sprinkle generous amounts of za'atar on top of the aubergines then top with some cumin yoghurt.
5. Sprinkle with parsley, pomegranate seeds and cooked chickpeas.
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly